The Honeywell Dolphin 6500 is a handheld computer designed for reading barcodes and sending the information gathered to peripheral devices via wireless and Bluetooth technology. It is best suited for retail, supply chain and light industrial use.
Video Review of the Honeywell Dolphin 6500 Mobile Computer
Features of The Honeywell Dolphin 6500
The Honeywell Dolphin 6500 is loaded with features, which makes this a handy tool for most places that require a handheld bar code reader. These features include:
• Ergonomic Design – Not only does the Dolphin 6500 come with a tapered keypad making this handheld computer easier to hold, you can also purchase an optional slide-on handle for more comfort and control for longer shifts.
• Multiple Keypad Options – Make it suitable to use in a variety of applications. The versatility of uses of the Dolphin 6500 could save your business time and money.
• Dust, dirt and water resistant – Which allows you to use this bar code reader in your store, in your warehouse, or on the road without worrying whether or not dust, dirt, or splashes of water will affect the functions of this handheld computer.
• Long Battery Life – The Lithium ion battery used in this device gives you a full 12 hours of work before needing to be recharged. While it does have a long battery life, it also takes a while to recharge, just under 6 hours.
• Accessories included: A Power adapter, hand strap and stylus all come in the box with the Honeywell Dolphin 6500.
• Price range: $850.00 – $1200.00
One of the main things that makes the Honeywell Dolphin 6500 an excellent choice for those looking for a reliable bar code reader is it’s durability. Not only has this handheld computer been tested to withstand more than 500 3-foot falls, it is also built and tested to withstand falls of up to 4 feet and still continue to function without a hitch.
In addition, since this device is dust, dirt, and water resistant it can be used in even the dustiest warehouses or even on the road when you need it.
- Width: 83 mm (3.3 in)
- Height: 200 mm (7.9 in)
- Depth: 41 mm (1.6 in)
- Weight: 12.7 oz (360g)
- Memory: Windows CE 5.0: 128 MB RAM X 128 MB Flash; Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5: 256 MB RAM X 256 MB Flash
- Operating Temperature: 14°F to 122°F (-10°C to 50°C)
While the Honeywell Dolphin 6500 is not the cheapest handheld on the market, its durability and wealth of features makes this one handheld computer worth considering if you’re looking for a versatile handheld computer that functions efficiently in common applications.